We maintain a 24-hour EMERGENCY HOTLINE to respond
to transportation, environmental, and medical emergencies. Call:
703-527-3887 (Outside US)
Product Stewardship is the management system that integrates SHE responsibilities into every phase of our products’ lifecycles.
For many years, Quaker has been at the forefront of creating effective product stewardship programs for our industry, partnering with key organizations such as the Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association (ILMA) and the Union of the European Lubricants Industry (UEIL).
In 2014 we established set of "green chemistry principles" that our Technical Community now uses as a guideline for product development. The philosophy of our Principles is rooted in the Pollution Prevention Act of 1990, and the Principles are:
- Prevention of waste will always be a consideration in design, manufacturing, and application of our products.
- Wherever practical, products will use and generate substances that possess little or no toxicity to human health and the environment.
- We strive for safe use, with negligible impact to human health in the applications of our products.
- We will consider process efficiency for manufacturing in product design, and carefully examine the most efficient
means of manufacturing to maximize yield, improve efficiency, and reduce or prevent waste.
- We will weigh the benefits of the use of renewable feedstocks.
- We will consider end life – including ease of disposal, degradation, and impact to environment – in the design process of our products.
- Substances and the form of a substance used in a chemical process should be chosen to minimize the potential for chemical accidents – including releases, explosions, and fires.
We expect it will take many years to fully implement these principles, and to build a culture of formulating products that do not contain potentially harmful materials.